Hey! It’s Pancake Tuesday! If you needed an excuse to pig out on pancakes, this is it! Not that I usually need an excuse…
“But Steph! You’re vegan! Vegans don’t eat pancakes!”
Oh yes they do! Not your eggy, buttery, milky pancakes – true. They eat scrummy vegan pancakes drizzled with golden syrup!
Here’s the vegan pancake recipe I use, it works!
2 tablespoons chickpea flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon sunflower oil (not necessary for thick pancakes)
pinch of salt
additional oil for frying
maple or golden syrup, fruit, soya ice cream, sugar, jam or lemon juice to serve
- Whisk together all of the ingredients to form a smooth batter.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan until very hot. Add enough of the batter to coat the bottom of the pan, or spoon in for thick pancakes.
- Fry on one side for about a minute, flip with a spatula, fry flip side for a further minute or until done.
- Keep cooked pancakes warm in the oven on its lowest setting. Repeat steps 2 and 3, adding more oil if necessary.
- Serve drizzled with golden or maple syrup, jam, fruit and soya ice cream, or sugar and lemon juice.
Leave a Reply